Cruise starts: 3 July 2022 - from Kiel
Cruise ends: 14 July 2022 - to Kiel
Duration: 11 nights
On this cruise, you will visit the well-known highlights and hidden gems of the Baltic States. Enjoy two full days in Russia`s City of the
Tsars, St. Petersburg, during the White Nights. Helsinki and Stockholm will inspire you with their classical architecture and vibrant
city centres. The medieval city centres of Riga and Tallinn testify to their eventful Hanseatic history. Our insider tip: explore Latvia`s
Libau. The harbour city with numerous historical sights has changed over recent years to become a centre for the young artist and
Cruise-Only prices include:
• 11 night cruise aboard Vasco da Gama round trip from Kiel
• All shipboard main meals
• The services of a nicko cruise director and local tour guide
• English-speaking service on board
• Comfortable whisper audio system is used on all excursions
• Use of the fitness area, the swimming pool and spa with sauna (spa services additional)
• Entertainment programme and lectures
• All port and government charges
A range of earlybird and combination discounts may be available on this cruise. Please contact us for your current best offer and availability. All rates shown are in Euros per person twin share based on full brochure fare. Single supplements apply.
For an additional cost you may include a beverage package in your cruise. Choose from...
Classic Beverage Package: priced from EUR 319 per person
• House wine by the glass (white, rose and red)
• Sparkling house wine by the glass
• Port, Madeira and sherry
• Draft and bottled beers, non-alcoholic beer (excluding Guinness and Somersby Cider)
• All non-alcoholic cocktails
• Aperitifs (Aperol spritz/orange, Campari soda/orange)
• All non-alcoholic house beverages (juices and soft drinks)
• Mineral water and still water
• All coffee specialties (alcohol-free)
• Hot chocolate and tea
Premium Beverage Package: priced from EUR 539 per person
• All classic package beverages shown above, as well as the following:
• Crémant by the glass
• Guinness (bottle) and Somersby Cider (bottle)
• All cocktails (alcoholic)
• San Pellegrino mineral water
• Premium mixers (e.g. Elderflower Fever Tree tonic water and Tonic 1724)
• Various scotches and whiskies (e.g. Chivas Regal 12 years, Jack Daniel`s Old No. 7)
• Various gins (e.g. Bombay Star, Tanqueray 10 and Hendrick`s)
• Various vodkas (e.g. Stolichnaya, Absolut Citron, Belvedere, Ketel One and Grey Goose)
• Various rums (e.g. Havana Club Anejo, Mount Gay, Pyrat XO Reserve and Sagatiba Pura Cachaca)
• Various tequilas (e.g. Jose Cuervo Silver and Gold, Patron Silver and Anejo and Don Julio Anejo)
• Various brandies and cognacs (e.g. Armagnac Cles des Ducs, Calvados, Grappa Alexander Cru and Hennessy VSOP)
• Various fruit brandies (raspberry, kirsch, mirabelle, fruit and Williams pear)
• Various liqueurs (e.g. Amaretto, Bailey’s, Frangelico, Galliano, Kahlua and Limoncello)
• Various bitters (Fernet Branca, Jagermeister)
• Various vermouths (e.g. Dubonnet Aperitif and Martini Bianco/Rosso)
• Aquavit (Bommerlunder and Loiten`s Linie)
11 Night Cruise sailing from Kiel roundtrip aboard Vasco Da Gama.
In its own unique way, VASCO DA GAMA combines the Portuguese explorer tradition with the demands of today’s cruise guests: a wide range of different bars and restaurants in an exclusive setting, lots of public space with a modern interior and tasteful design elements. On board, you'll find a full range of equipment for spa, fitness and your personal leisure activities. You won’t find any other comparable cruise ship of this size on the market offering such good value for money. The personal atmosphere on board due to the manageable number of guests is key to the sense of well-being. In the very spirit of Portuguese hospitality, our friendly crew remains committed to your welfare.
On this cruise, you will visit the well-known highlights and hidden gems of the Baltic States. Enjoy two full days in Russia’s City of the Tsars, St. Petersburg, during the White Nights. Helsinki and Stockholm will inspire you with their classical architecture and vibrant city centres. The medieval city centres of Riga and Tallinn testify to their eventful Hanseatic history. Our insider tip: explore Latvia’s Libau. The harbour city with numerous historical sights has changed over recent years to become a centre for the young artist and music scene.
Highlights of this cruise:
Kiel is a city in northern Germany and the capital of the Bundesland Schleswig-Holstein. Located on the Baltic Sea (Bay of Kiel) at the head of the Kieler Förde (Kiel fjord), the city has been one of the country's main naval bases since the 1860s. Kiel is a center for German shipbuilders and the eastern terminus of the Kiel Canal. A renowned university, the Christian-Albrechts-Universität is located in Kiel.
Kiel is very famous for its sailing events, including the Kieler Woche, (Kiel Week), one of the biggest sailing events in the world. The city itself has been developed around the Kiel Firth, it has a lively student scene and urban charm. The people of Kiel enjoy the advantages of a green city with parks, ferries and their own beaches.
Helsinki is the capital of Finland and is affectionately known as the ‘Daughter of the Baltic’ or ‘City of the sea’. The harbor is the heartbeat of this southern coastal city built on the peninsulas and islands of the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Finland. Helsinki is a modern, clean, well planned city with a small town feel; its tallest city center building being only 12 stories high. It is a great summer destination with many open-air cafes, green parks, waterways and a busy market square.
The city has a distinctive ‘East meets West’ culture which can be seen in the contrast between the cool, clean lines of Finlandia Hall and the rich golden ‘onion’ dome of Uspenski Cathedral. The center of the city, the Neo-Classical mini-St Petersburg built by German-born architect Carl Engel, is easily explored on foot and most of the main sights are within walking distance of the center.
Stockholm, the capital city of Sweden is spread across 24,000 islets and is one of the most stunning locales of any capital city in the world. Over 30% of the city area is made up of waterways and another 30% is made up of parks and green spaces, giving Stockholm perhaps the freshest air of any European capital.
Stockholm has a stunning Old Town, which has been very well preserved over the centuries. This Old Town (or Gamla Stan) is the epicenter of the city, with countless hotels, bars, restaurants and shops.
01 - Inside Cabin
02 - Inside Cabin Front/Aft
03 - Inside Cabin
04 - Outside Cabin With Porthole
06 - Outside Cabin With Window Front/Aft
08 - Outside Cabin With Window Front/Aft
09 - Outside Cabin With Window
11 - Outside Cabin With Window
10 - Outside Cabin With Window (Family)
12 - Outside Cabin With Window
13 - Outside Cabin With Balcony Front/Aft
14 - Outside Cabin With Balcony
15 - Suite With Balcony
16 - Penthouse Suite With Balcony
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin in EURO, based on full brochure cruise fare. Some cabins may have obstructed views. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions may apply - please ask for full details at time of inquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Offer subject to availability at time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty. Not included: International or domestic airfares, hotel accommodation or transfers, shore excursions and onboard purchases, visas, vaccinations or medical visits. Discount offers are capacity controlled and may be withdrawn without prior notice. Beverage package terms and conditions: Beverage packages can only be booked for the entire duration of the cruise and for all persons sharing the cabin. They are not transferrable to other people. Nicko beverage packages are valid only during the cruise and they are non-refundable. Beverage packages may not be booked for persons under 18 years of age.