Package duration: 21 nights Cruise-Stay
Package starts: 6 Jan 2022 - Sydney, Australia port
Cruise starts: 6 Jan 2022 - from Sydney, Australia
Cruise ends: 22 Jan 2022 - into Adelaide, Australia
Package ends: 27 Jan 2022 - at Adelaide airport
All prices in AUD per person
SOUTH AUSTRALIA & TASMANIA ADVENTURE - with BAROSSA, HAHNDORF & ADELAIDE EXTENSION
Cruise-Stay package includes:
- 16 night tall ship cruise aboard the NEW Golden Horizon by Tradewind Voyages from Sydney to Adelaide
- All shipboard main meals
- A selection of beers and wines with lunch and dinner onboard
- Use of onboard water sports equipment including water skis, pico sailboats, kayaks, knee & wake boards, windsurfing, stand up paddle boards, snorkel gear, a floating island and trampoline plus noodles for swimming
- Onboard resident destination expert speakers plus cultural performances reflecting the region visited
- Prepaid ship`s gratuities
- Port/govt. charges
- One way transfer from Adelaide port to hotel
- 5 nights accommodation in a 5-star hotel in Adelaide with daily breakfast
- Full day tour to the Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf with lunch: First stop - Mt Lofty lookout to view the amazing visas of the city of Adelaide. You will have a selection of tastings at local suppliers of cheese, chocolate and wine which is sure to please. You will enjoy a hearty German influenced lunch in Hahndorf, Australia`s oldest German village. There is free time to explore the many boutique shops, galleries, museums, cafes in Hahndorf before your return journey back to Adelaide via some of the picturesque villages of the Adelaide Hills.
- Full day tour to the Barossa Valley with lunch: After breakfast you will be collected from your hotel for a full day touring the premier Barossa Valley wine region. On this small group tour you will experience the panoramic vistas of iconic vineyards, historic buildings, food gardens, and charming villages of the Barossa Valley as we taste the best food and wine in the area. Includes tastings and visits at Barossa wineries including a Penfolds winery make your own blend experience.
- Morning walking tour of the Adelaide Central Markets with tastings of seasonal produce
- One way transfer from Adelaide hotel to airport.
16 Night Cruise sailing from Sydney to Adelaide aboard Golden Horizon.
We’ll start in Sydney, then cruise to the shores of Jervis Bay onboard the luxurious Golden Horizon. Here, you can kick back on white sand beaches and explore the striking Booderee National Park and Botanic Gardens.
Continue south to Tasmania, where you can hop between art galleries or hike up the mountain of its vibrant capital, Hobart.
Back on the mainland, our next stop is Melbourne. This is one of Australia’s coolest cities, where craft beer bars are hidden in secret laneways and street art is splashed across the walls (don’t miss Hosier Lane). We recommend a day trip to Yarra Valley’s award-winning wineries; you’ll have time to search for sea lions and koalas on Kangaroo Island; and the Flinders Chase National Park is well worth a visit for its incredible rock formations and penguin colonies. The final stop on this part of the adventure is Adelaide.
Highlights of this cruise:
Sydney is located on the south-east coast of Australia. It is the largest and most populated city in Australia and the state capital of New South Wales. The city is built on hills surrounding Sydney Harbour where the Sydney Harbour bridge and the Sydney Opera House are located. The region features many bays, rivers, inlets and beaches including the famous Bondi Beach. Within the city are many picturesque parks including Hyde Park and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
The most well-known attractions include the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Other attractions include Royal Botanical Gardens, Luna Park, some 40 beaches and Sydney Tower. The Rocks precinct includes the first colonial village of Sydney and some great shops, cafes and galleries are located here. Sydney also has several popular museums, such as the Australian Museum (natural history and anthropology), the Powerhouse Museum (science, technology and design), the Art Gallery of New South Wales, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Australian National Maritime Museum.
Eden is a town on the far South Coast of the Australian state of New South Wales, approximately 230 nautical miles south of Sydney, and situated on Twofold Bay, close to the state border with Victoria. It is a historic whaling town which is great for whale watching around October and November each year. The Killer Whale Museum is Eden’s top tourist attraction.
Water sports are a major attraction in Eden, as are the nearby National Parks and State forests. Bay and ocean fishing are very popular here, as is bushwalking, cycling and 4WDing.
Port Arthur is a small town and former convict settlement on the Tasman Peninsula, in Tasmania, Australia. Port Arthur is one of Australia's most significant heritage areas and the open air museum is officially Tasmania's top tourist attraction. It is located approximately 60 km south east of the state capital, Hobart. The settlement started as a timber station in 1830, but it is best known for being a penal colony.
There are more than sixty buildings, some of which - like the poignant prison chapel - are furnished and restored. Others, like the ivy-covered church, are picturesque ruins set in a landscape of green lawns, shady trees, and paths sloping down to the cove.
Melbourne, in Australia's state of Victoria (VIC), is home to an interesting mixture of historic Victorian architecture and breathtaking modern buildings. With a vibrant, street café culture and excellent shopping, Melbourne is also widely considered to be the dining capital of Australia, with an enormous selection of cuisine. It is a lively, exciting city with a friendly multicultural population.
Melbourne has an abundance of parks, wide roads, and boulevards and is also the cultural and sporting capital of Australia, with world class sporting facilities and an abundance of museums, galleries and theatres.
Lying directly on the shores of Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne offers easy access to the many different areas including the the Victorian Alps in the east, the Grampians and Great Ocean Road in the west and the fertile river valleys of the Murray in the north, to name just a few.
Adelaide is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of South Australia, and is the fifth largest city in Australia, with a population of over 1.1 million.
Adelaide was laid out in a square mile grid of wide streets with gracious colonial architecture. It is compact city making it easy walking and surrounded it with 930 hectares of parklands. The pleasant climate is perfect for leisure hours on its beaches, the Torrens River and at sidewalk cafes. It has an active cultural lifestyle with many galleries, museums, churches, sidewalk cafes, cosy pubs and elegant restaurants.
The central markets feature 48 cultures in a unique atmosphere that has survived 125 years. The main shopping precinct is Rundle Mall with department stores, boutiques, speciality shops and malls. Suburban shopping precincts such as King William Road and North Terrace are also popular and fashionable. The 1920s Adelaide railway station is an attractive casino and a historic tram takes visitors out to Glenelg beach with its own lively shops, restaurants and grand hotel. Further afield are the wine regions of the Barossa and Clare Valleys which are great for day trips.
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin (unless stated as single) in AUD, based on best known cruise fare at time of publication (26Mar21). Prices and routing is a guide only. Some cabins may have obstructed views. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. Not included: airfares, air taxes, travel insurance, meals/hotels/transfers other than those listed, shore excursions, gift shop purchases, drinks other than those listed. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure. Transfer on arrival from airport is not included. Port transfer is included on exact package dates and hotel is at the discretion of our agency. Offer valid until 30Apr21 or until sold out/withdrawn and subject to availability at time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty.