Cruise duration: 9 nights Cruise Only
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Port Davey, Maria Island and Port Arthur.
- Explore one of the last expanses of temperate wilderness in the world at Port Davey.
- Taste world renowned cool climate wines and artisanal produce of Tasmania`s East Coast.
- View the spectacular painted cliffs of Maria Island.
- Delve into Tasmania`s colonial history.
- Experience the Mining and Maritime History of Tasmania’s North West.
- Enjoy some of the finest award-winning wines of the Tamar Valley.
- View Australia`s highest sea cliffs at Cape Huay.
- Marvel at dramatic scenery of the South West Wilderness at Port Davey.
- Witness Australian Fur seals in their natural environment.
- Discover the dark and dramatic convict history at Port Arthur.
- Gain an insight into the history, culture, and incredible diversity of life from your expert expedition team.
SAVE up to 25% on your cruise fare!
Twin DEL Deluxe Balcony full fare $10,395 - current 25% off bonus fare: $7,950*pp
Twin PR4 Prestige Balcony full fare $11,570 - current 25% off bonus fare: $8,830*pp
Twin PR5 Prestige Balcony full fare $12,140 - current 25% off bonus fare: $9,260*pp
Twin DS Deluxe Suite full fare $17,930 - current 25% off bonus fare: $13,600*pp
Single DEL Deluxe Balcony full fare $20,185 - current 25% off bonus fare and no single supplement offer: $7,950*
TASMANIA CIRCUMNAVIGATION Cruise Only prices include:
- 9 night expedition cruise aboard the Le Soleal round trip from Hobart
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands)
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team
- Zodiac excursions
- Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable)
- Port taxes
- EXCLUSIVE BONUS Euro 75 per person shipboard credit
Ponant`s new Serenity Policy - relaxed booking conditions:
For any new cruise-only Ponant cruise booked between 25 November 2020 and 31 March 2021, departing before 30 April 2022:
- Pay only 25% deposit
- Your final payment is due 30 days before departure
- You may cancel up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and your deposit becomes a future cruise credit
- You may postpone your trip, up to 30 days prior (without any reason) and transfer your deposit to another Ponant journey
- If your cruise cannot be operated and Ponant cancels your cruise, you will receive a full refund of all the monies you have paid
- If you wish to cancel within 29 days of a departing (not cancelled) sailing because you have Covid – submit your test results and receive a full refund of all the money you have paid
- Note that cancellations within 29 days of departure on a departing (not cancelled) sailing then normal Ponant cancellation fees apply of up to 100% - we always recommend travel insurance to cover this contingency for situations out of your control
9 Night Cruise sailing from Hobart roundtrip aboard Le Soleal.
Designed in 2013 and loyal to the PONANT spirit, Le Soléal like her sisterships embodies the subtle alliance between luxury, intimacy and wellbeing which is Ponant’s signature. The elegance of her exterior and interior lines and her intimate size (only 132 staterooms and suites)make this a rare and innovative yacht on the cruise market.
Highlights of this cruise:
Hobart is situated on the island of Tasmania and is the southern most capital city in Australia. Straddling the breathtaking Derwent River, Australia's deepest harbour, Hobart is one of the most beautiful areas in both Tasmania, with nearby Mount Wellington dominating the city in the background.
The city of Hobart was founded in 1803 and has numerous heritage areas close to the city centre. There are many museums and galleries which provide interesting information on Hobart’s history. Some of the most popular landmarks in the Hobart area include the Tasman Bridge, Government House, the Port Arthur Historic Site, Richmond Bridge - one of the oldest stone bridges in the whole of Australia and Hobart's St. David's
Other world-class Hobart attractions include Derwent River, the Cadbury-Schweppes Chocolate Constitution Dock, Old Hobart Town Model Village, Bicentennial Park, the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens and Salamanca Market - a lively flea market held in Hobart's Salamanca district, which attracts more than 10,000 bargain hunters each week.
Hobart regularly features many exciting festivals and events, including the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, a spectacular race which finishes at Hobart's waterfront at the end of each year in Hobart.
Port Davey is located on the south west coast of Tasmania. It is located adjacent to Bathurst Harbour and is sheltered from the Roaring Forties that buffet the south and west coasts of Tasmania. It is the penultimate location on the western part of the South Coast Walking Track - also known as South Coast and Port Davey Tracks.
The Port Davey Marine Reserve lies within the Southwest National Park and the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Encompassing Port Davey, Bathurst Channel and Bathurst Harbour, the reserve (17 753 hectares / 178 km2) extends inland for more than 20 km to the north and east, up to the high water mark of all rivers, bays and estuaries.
Port Arthur is a small town and former convict settlement on the Tasman Peninsula, in Tasmania, Australia. Port Arthur is one of Australia's most significant heritage areas and the open air museum is officially Tasmania's top tourist attraction. It is located approximately 60 km south east of the state capital, Hobart. The settlement started as a timber station in 1830, but it is best known for being a penal colony.
There are more than sixty buildings, some of which - like the poignant prison chapel - are furnished and restored. Others, like the ivy-covered church, are picturesque ruins set in a landscape of green lawns, shady trees, and paths sloping down to the cove.
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin (unless stated as single) in AUD, based on best available cruise fare at time of publication (11Feb21). Some cabins may have obstructed views. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the prices in our booking system at time of reservation. Offer subject to availability at time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty. Bonus onboard credit is a total per person of Euro 75 which may be used onboard and is non-refundable, non-transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. All unused shipboard credits are forfeit at the end of your cruise.