Package duration: 11 nights Fly, Cruise & Stay
Package starts: 17th Aug 2021
Cruise starts: 18th Aug 2021 from Darwin
Cruise ends: 28th Aug 2021 into Broome
Package ends: 28th Aug 2021
- Join Ponant`s highly qualified expedition team on an Australian adventure cruise
- Enjoy regular Zodiac outings & shore visits to get close to the Kimberley nature
- Discover billions of years-old landscapes & ancient rock art
- Listen to stories of the dreamtime from the oldest continuous culture on the planet
- Explore pristine mangrove environments, home to the world`s largest living reptile, the salt water crocodile
- Witness unique tidal phenomena such as the Horizontal Falls and Montgomery Reef
- Take your pick of one of three fantastic free tours from Wyndham - choose an Ord River wildlife cruise, or, a scenic flight over the Bungle Bungles, or, a trip to the famous El Questro homestead (subject to availability at time of booking)
KIMBERLEY CONTRASTS Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:
- FREE return economy class airfare from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth to Darwin and ex Broome on return inc. taxes
- One way transfer from Darwin airport to hotel
- 1 nights accommodation in Darwin
- One way transfer from Darwin hotel to port
- 10 night Kimberley 2021 Expedition cruise aboard the Le Laperouse from Darwin to Broome including:
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands)
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team
- Zodiac excursions
- Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable)
- Port taxes
- One way transfer from Broome port to airport
10 Night Cruise sailing from Darwin to Broome aboard Le Laperouse.
Set sail for the wild and grandiose landscapes of the Kimberley, following this exceptional PONANT itinerary.
From Darwin to Broome, embark for an 11-day expedition cruise.
In one of the most picturesque parts of the region, the Hunter River, you will see wild mangrove forests where saltwater crocodiles live along with many species of birds.
The highpoint of this cruise will undoubtedly be the discovery of the King George River and the majestic Twin Falls, the highest single drop waterfall in Western Australia.
You will also visit Collier Bay, where you will be able to admire a spectacular example of the impact of the tides cascading in mini-waterfalls as the entire Montgomery reef appears to rise from the turquoise-blue waters of the bay.
Your ship will take you along one of the most spectacular coasts in the entire region.
With their falls, abrupt gorges, savannah, and calm waters, the wild lands of Kimberley are the promise of an exceptional adventure.
This itinerary is given as an indication only. Based on tide times and weather conditions, the Captain and the Expedition Leader may need to switch the order of certain ports of call around to ensure guests have the best possible experience.
Highlights of this cruise:
Darwin is located in Australia’s Northern Territory which is also known as the “Top End”. It is the capital city and the most populated town of the Northern Territory. Darwin is a beautiful tropical city, a melting pot of people and cultures, over 50 different cultures live and work side by side that prides itself in its unique and friendly laid-back lifestyle. Come discover the town’s still recent history through its emblematic buildings such as the new Parliamant House opened in 1994, a magnificent example of tropical architecture or Admiralty House declared heritage place, a tropical-style home elevated on stilts that has survived two cyclones and numerous air raids.
Arguably one of the most scenic parts of the Kimberley coast, Prince Frederick Harbour and the Hunter River are lined with ancient rainforest pockets, pristine mangroves and mosaic sandstone cliffs. They are considered to be some of the most pristine mangrove forests in the world, containing up to 18 different species, supporting a rich and diverse fauna. The sandstone escarpment at the river mouth, known as “Kampamantiya” rises over 200 metres high before giving way to extensive mud banks and mangrove forests home to numerous bird species and the iconic saltwater crocodile. Our expert Expedition Team will share their knowledge with you as you explore this pristine mangrove environment by Zodiac® keeping a constant lookout for wildlife. You will also have the opportunity to reach the Mitchell Falls by helicopter from Naturalist Island beach.
Located in the northwest of the Kimberley region and in the far north of Western Australia, the town of Broome is reputed for its history and its glorious pearling era. The fascinating Chinatown district which is the historic city centre and the famous Japanese Cemetery, which dates from 1896, allows to discover the city’s past marked by the immigration of numerous Chinese and Japanese workers, attracted by the prosperous pearl industry at the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century. Broome is also famous for the “Staircase to the Moon”, an optical illusion created by the Moon reflecting on the sand banks at low tide, like a staircase climbing up towards the sky, a unique spectacle provided by nature…
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin (unless stated as single) in AUD, based on best available cruise fare at time of publication (28Jan21). All prices based on cash payment - credit card fees may apply. Free included airfare/carrier/routing advised approx 10 months prior to departure and are at the discretion of Cruise Traveller. Once issued, all airfares/taxes become non-refundable and cancellation fees will be taken from total package price if cancelled anytime after ticket issuance. Airfares have strict cancellation/change fees apply. A passport and comprehensive travel insurance are required to travel on this cruise which are at guests expense. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the prices in our booking system at time of reservation. Offer ends 31Mar21 or until sold out/withdrawn and are subject to availability at time of booking.