Package Duration: 13 nights Fly, Cruise & Stay
Package Starts: 19th Feb 2022 - from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne
Cruise Starts: 20th Feb 2022 - from Ushuaia
Cruise Ends: 2nd Mar 2022 - to Ushuaia
Package Ends: 4th Mar 2022 - in Buenos Aires
Back in Australia by: 6th Mar 2022
Example of Cruise Highlights^
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection…
- Hiking opportunities
- Visiting research stations and former whaling stations.
- Landscapes: a multitude of drifting icebergs, ice floes, imposing glaciers and tall, snow-covered mountains.
- Wildlife: humpback whales, Gentoo penguins, Adelie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals, Weddell seals and numerous sea birds.
- Educational discovery in the respect of environment.
PRICES per person in AUD from:
Twin Category DEL Deluxe Balcony was $22,425 - NOW from $16,995*
Twin Category PR4 Prestige Balcony was $24,455 - NOW from $18,465*
Twin Category PR5 Prestige Balcony was $25,295 - NOW from $19,050*
Twin Category DS6 Deluxe Suite was $33,955 - NOW from $25,070*
Single Category DEL Deluxe Balcony was $41,150 - NOW from $21,030*
WILD ABOUT ANTARCTICA Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:
- Return economy class airfare^ from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Buenos Aires
- One way transfer from Buenos Aires airport to hotel
- 1 nights accommodation in Buenos Aires with breakfast
- One way transfer from Buenos Aires hotel to airport
- One way economy class airfare from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia inc tax
- One way transfer from Ushuaia airport to port with day trip to Tierra del Fuego National Park enroute
- 10 night EXPEDITION cruise with L`Austral round trip from Ushuaia to Antarctica including: All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation); Captain`s welcome cocktail and gala dinner; Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands); Evening entertainment and events; Room service 24h (special selection); Highly qualified bilingual French/English expedition team; Zodiac excursions; Park entry fees into protected areas (where applicable), Port taxes plus A warm water-proof parka will be provided onboard (for adults only)
- One way transfers from Ushuaia port to airport
- One way economy class airfare from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
- Return transfer from Buenos Aires airport - hotel - airport
- 2 nights accommodation in Buenos Aires post-cruise with breakfast
- One way transfer from Buenos Aires hotel to airport
NEW: explore the magic of Antarctica with a sea kayak adventure. Led by experienced, State-Certified kayak guides, you will skim the water`s surface amid the ice. Full professional equipment is provided, including tamdem kayak, carbon paddle, full-body drysuit, lifejacket, AIS beacon.
For more information about booking kayak tour, please contact us.
Extend your stay with an Iguazu Falls extension.
Convert your 2 night Buenos Aires hotel stay to a 5 night package including:
- 1 night post cruise hotel stay in Buenos Aires with breakfast and transfers
- Return economy class airfare Buenos Aires - Iguazu - Buenos Aires inc tax
- 3 night hotel stay at the Melia Iguazu hotel in a Falls View Room with breakfast and transfers
- Touring to the Brazillian and Argentine side of the Falls (note National park fees not included and paid direct)
- 1 night post tour hotel stay in Buenos Aires with breakfast and transfers.
** Just add on $3400 to these package prices for twin share or $6290 for single guests **
10 Night Cruise sailing from Ushuaia roundtrip aboard L'Austral. Hotel stay pre-cruise in Buenos Aires.
PONANT invites you on a polar expedition cruise to the heart of the icy realm that is the Antarctic Peninsula. Embark on an unforgettable 11-day voyage and succumb to the enchantment of the breathtaking landscapes inhabited by astonishing wildlife.
The start of your cruise will be marked by the crossing of the mythical Drake Passage, during which you will probably be escorted by several albatrosses and Cape petrels, the sentinels of these often-choppy waters.
Your ship will then reach the White Continent, realm of the unexpected. Weather and ice conditions permitting, this extreme environment where nature reigns supreme will reveal to you its most beautiful secrets through numerous discoveries.
On this uninhabited land, which wasn’t explored until the 19th century, your encounters with the wildlife will no doubt be one of the highlights of your experience. The Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, seals and seabirds will provide you with cherished lifelong memories.
Each day, whether on land, aboard your ship or during a Zodiac® outing, you will be surrounded by a grandiose decor ranging from icebergs to ice floe and ancient glaciers.
Highlights of this cruise:
Capital of Argentina's Tierra del Fuego province, Ushuaia lies in a bay opening into the Beagle Channel at the country's southernmost tip. Its colourful houses are framed against towering mountains, snow-capped in winter and summer alike. Downtown, the End of the World Museum showcases Tierra del Fuego's natural and indigenous history. A ride on the heritage railway is an exciting excursion into the Tierra del Fuego National Park, while a cruise on Ushuaia Bay is the perfect way to spot sea lions and Magellanic penguins.
Use your days spent in the Drake Passage to familiarise yourself with your ship and deepen your knowledge of the Antarctic. The Expedition Leader will first present the IAATO rules of conduct that must be observed during landings in the region and will explain everything you need to know about the Zodiac® outings. Lectures about the history and wildlife of the Antarctic will be an opportunity for you to learn more about this magical region, where every cruise is a unique experience. From the ship’s bridge, you will experience exceptional sailing moments before joining the naturalist-guides on your ship’s exterior decks to look out for albatrosses, cape petrels, and other seabirds flying over the Drake Passage.
Succumb to the magic of a place unlike any other. To this day, the mythical Antarctic Peninsula still holds real fascination and promises its visitors unforgettable moments. Throughout your adventure in this icy realm, you will find yourself in the heart of a spectacular decor in subtle shades of blue and white, surrounded by exceptional wildlife. Penguins, humpback whales, seals and giant petrels are at home here, as are elephant seals, fur seals, Antarctic minke whales, and orcas. Depending on which sites you will be lucky enough to visit, you may get the chance to observe them and share with them the beauty of these extreme parts.
Each day, based on ice conditions, the Captain and the Expedition Leader will suggest Zodiac® outings or landings to discover the infinite riches of the Antarctic Peninsula. Glaciers, ice floe, tabletop icebergs, mountain peaks that plunge straight into the sea, volcanic beaches, research stations, enchanting bays, and vestiges of the whaling industry: these are the faces of the Antarctic that will likely reveal themselves to you, in a hushed and surreal atmosphere. You will sail in the wake of Jean-Baptiste Charcot, Adrien de Gerlache and Sir Ernest Shackleton, great Antarctic explorers who, from the 19th century, set out to conquer these remote and uninhabited lands.
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin (unless stated as single) in AUD, based on best available cruise fare at time of publication (30Nov20). Some cabins may have obstructed views. All prices based on cash payment - credit card fees may apply. All airfares/taxes are due in full 24 hours from reservation and strict cancellation/change fees apply. Selected routing and airlines apply to package offers - any variances requested by guest will incur surcharges. Visitors to the Argentina must complete an online e-visa application prior to arrival which is not included and is the guests responsibility. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Please note that the prices shown here are not shown in real time. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the prices in our booking system at time of reservation. Transfers only included if guests are arriving/departing by air at specific airports on exact package dates. Offer ends 31Mar21 or until sold out/withdrawn and is subject to availability at time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty.