Package Duration: 11 nights Cruise & Stay
Package Starts: 30th Sep 2021 in St John`s, NFL
Cruise Starts: 1st Oct 2021 in St John`s, NFL
Cruise Ends: 11th Oct 2021 in St John`s, NFL
Package Ends: 11th Oct 2021 in St John`s, NFL
** ALL PRICES IN USD **
Earlybird savings! Book before 31 October 2020 and save up to 15% on your cruise fare.
Twin Cat 3 Interior - was $6995 - Earlybird price: US $5,945*pp
Twin Cat 4 Porthole - was $8295 - Earlybird price: $7,050*pp
Twin Cat 7 Window - was $12,195 - Earlybird price: $10,365*pp
Twin Cat 9 Junior Suite - was $14,795 - Earlybird price: $12,575*pp
• Revel in Newfoundland`s world-famous culture and hospitality
• Experience life in remote outports and fishing villages
• Visit North America`s only authenticated Norse site at L`Anse aux Meadows
• Enjoy a warm Mi`kmaw welcome in Miawpukek First Nation
• Hike the spectacular Tablelands at Gros Morne National Park
• Get a taste of Europe on the French island of Saint-Pierre
• Visit three UNESCO World Heritage Sites; Red Bay, L`Anse aux Meadows, and Gros Morne National Park
• Savour local dishes and meet the fishers and growers who make it happen through Adventure Canada`s signature Taste of Place culinary program
NEWFOUNDLAND CIRCUMNAVIGATION 2021 Cruise-Stay package includes:
- FREE* 1 nights pre cruise accommodation in St John`s with transfer from hotel to port on embarkation day
- 10 night Expedition Cruise NEWFOUNDLAND CIRCUMNAVIGATION round trip from St John`s Newfoundland including:
- The expertise and company of the Adventure Canada expedition staff
- Complimentary expedition Parka (yours to keep)
- Complimentary use of gumboots (loan onboard)
- Onboard educational presentations, Interactive workshops & evening entertainment
- All shipboard meals, including on deck barbeques & afternoon tea, 24-hour coffee, tea and snacks
- Hors d`ouevres & snacks during evening recaps
- 24-hour documentary and film programming
- Ashore introductions to local people and customs
- Sightseeing including Museum entries, park accesses
- Access to pristine wilderness areas
- Zodiac tours and cruises
- On-site archaeology workshops
- Community programming: local performances, presentations, and demonstrations
- Port taxes
- Discovery fund fee of USD $250 per person
10 Night Cruise sailing from St Johns roundtrip aboard Ocean Endeavour.
DAY 1: ST. JOHN’S, NL, CANADA
Welcome to St. John’s—Newfoundland’s
historic, vibrant capital. Sailing out of the port of St. John’s, Signal Hill keeps watch as we exit the world-famous Narrows. The charming houses of The Battery are always a hit with shutterbugs. Watch for whales, and seabirds as we sail!
DAY 2–3: THE NORTHEAST COAST
The northeast coast of Newfoundland is known for the dozens of picturesque villages that dot its rocky shores, and we’ll find harbour in one of these unique communities. We look forward to a characteristically warm Newfoundland welcome upon our arrival. Photographers will have their work cut out for them capturing all the special charm of classic island communities and picturesque coastlines.
DAY 4: L’ANSE AUX MEADOWS
L’Anse aux Meadows, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the only authenticated Norse settlement in North America. The archaeological remains found here in 1960 date to approximately 1,000 AD. Amazingly, the location was first established by a close reading of the Viking sagas.
Today, a superb interpretive centre and several reconstructed Norse-style sod buildings make L’Anse aux Meadows a must-see for any visitor to Newfoundland and Labrador.
DAY 5: RED BAY
The Red Bay Basque Whaling Station became a
UNESCO World Heritage site in 2013. Basque whalers operated out of the Red Bay harbour in the 1500s: North America’s first export industry.
The interpretation centre at Red Bay is excellent. Here we find tools, personal items, and navigational instruments recovered from the wreck of the whaling ship San Juan. The ship was lost in a storm in 1565 and found centuries later submerged in the harbour. We'll visit nearby Saddle Island to learn the history of the whaling industry.
DAY 6: GROS MORNE AND WOODY POINT
Gros Morne’s Tablelands, a 600 metre plateau, form one of the world’s best examples of exposed mantle. Normally found below the Earth’s crust, the mineral-rich rocks support very little life, making the Tablelands an eerie landscape.
We will offer various walking and hiking options here. Views of Bonne Bay are spectacular. Gros Morne’s interpretation centre is excellent and the town of Woody Point is a delight to explore.
DAY 7–8: THE SOUTHERN COAST
The wild and windswept coast of southern Newfoundland is home to a few remaining outport communities. Visits here are often a highlight of the trip.
There are many choices of unique bays and coves to explore via Zodiac or land excursions. Along the coast, the geology is outstanding, and plant life is gorgeous. We’ll be on the watch for wildlife too. We’ll make the most of every chance to explore this beautiful and remote coast.
DAY 9: MIAWPUKEK (CONNE RIVER)
The First Nations community of Miawpukek became a permanent settlement sometime around 1822. Before then, it was one of many semi-permanent camping sites used by the Mi'kmaw people—who had traditionally travelled nomadically throughout the east coast.
Since its establishment as a reserve in 1987, Miawpukek has successfully bridged traditional knowledge and contemporary practice. We will receive a formal welcome from local leaders and have a chance to explore this special community.
DAY 10: SAINT-PIERRE, FRANCE
Explore Saint-Pierre, a last bastion of France’s colonial territories in North America. The colourful and charming shops and residences of the town of Saint-Pierre reveal its unique historical character.
French food, wine, clothing, and culture are all on offer here. The sweets at the local cafes and bakeries are in high demand. Saint-Pierre offers a taste of European living, just a short sail from the coast of Newfoundland!
DAY 11: ST. JOHN’S, NL, CANADA
On the final day of our expedition, we sail back though the Narrows and into St. John’s harbour. We will say our farewells and the expedition team will be on hand to assist you with luggage and transportation arrangements.
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin in USD based on best available cruise fares at time of publication (02Mar20). Some Ocean View cabins may have obstructed views. All prices based on cash payment - credit card fees may apply. What`s Not Included: International flights from/to Australia, Mandatory medical/evacuation travel insurance, Personal expenses, Additional expenses in the event of delays or itinerary changes, Discretionary gratuities to ship`s crew (approximately $15 per passenger per day), Visas (if required), Physician`s fees confirming you are fit to travel, Any medical charges incurred while aboard, Possible fuel surcharges. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Please note that the prices shown here are not shown in real time. Offer subject to availability at time of booking. Free hotels subject to availability at time of booking. If unavailable an alternative hotel or upgrade additional surcharge will be advised. Offer valid until 31Oct2020 or sold out/withdrawn from sale. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty. A good level of mobility is required. Travel insurance is mandatory but not included.